Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery will release his much-anticipated debut album, Clear As Day, on Oct. 4. He released the news exclusively to fans via email on Thursday and it was announced nationwide earlier today on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” where he performed. He is featured on the American Idols Live! Tour that runs through September and stops in Atlantic City, N.J., on Saturday, Aug. 13.

“We’ve been working hard on this album not only in Nashville, but in studios across the country because I’ve been on the Idol tour,” he says. “We’re putting what I believe are the best songs we could find on it and I really hope everyone likes it. The whole experience has been amazing! I love working with my album producer, Mark Bright, and have gotten to work with some of the best musicians in Nashville!”

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

The new album is a collection of songs in the same straight-ahead country style that captured the nation’s hearts – and votes—on the show. It’s the next step in a promising career that is already breaking records. “It has some old country influences and elements, but it also has a contemporary feel with fun up-tempo songs,” Scotty says. “It’s a good mixture. You can hear some of the influences that I grew up with, like Hank Williams, Conway Twitty and Merle Haggard, but it still has a contemporary twist and feel that keeps it up to date.”

“I chose these songs because they mean a lot to me, but I think everybody can relate to these kinds of songs,” Scotty says. “Clear As Day just sounded like a great album title, but it’s also one of my favorite songs on the album, and I love the message behind the song which was written by Casey Beatherd, Phil O’Donnell and Adam Wheeler.”

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery

0 comments:

Post a Comment